You check your e-mail in the morning before commencing work.
How many of these are unsolicited mails? How much of it is spam?
How many mails do you actually bother to open and read, let alone act on it?
Chances are a good 75% of your mails are unsolicited/spam, resulting in them ending up in the recycle bin, unread.
Email marketing is one of the cost effective and time saving methods to market your products and services. These pointers will help you target your audience correctly as well as get a bang for your buck.
- Give the option for your consumers to subscribe to marketing emails on your website. Do not forget to mention that their contact details would not be shared with anyone.
- You should also use a transparent email ID when sending out emails. Rather than using firstname.lastname@example.org, you can use email@example.com.
- The Subject Line will have to include text that will grab the attention of your customers, like special discounts or newest products. It’s best to refrain from using abbreviations, slang and hyperbole.
- Images should be used moderately to ensure that the content is captivating but should not include high resolution images, which would take a long time to download.
- Your marketing email should prompt the user to act. i.e. reply to the email, visit your website etc.
- Personalise the email by including the customer’s name and ending the mail with a signature
- Include all your contact details
- Include a note requesting the client to add you to their contact list
- Do not include attachments as most of the time your email would not have the expected open rate due to fear of malicious attacks
- Include an option to unsubscribe as well so that the user is aware that you are not imposing upon his/ her privacy and that he/she can opt out anytime
When you outsource your e-mail marketing campaign to a professional online marketing agency, you can rest assured that all these aspects will be handled and you will get the best possible response rate from your target audience.